- 24 cups fresh carabao milk
- 1 cup corn starch
- 2 cups white sugar
- 4-5 pcs dayap rind (lime rind)
- Boil carabao’s milk for one hour. Add sugar and lemon rind. Add diluted cornstarch.
- Cook until desired consistency is attained. Then pour into molds and let cool and chill if desired.
- Garnish with latik or toasted shredded coconut if desired.
How to make latik:
- Boil 3 to 5 cups of coconut milk in a deep saucepan then lower to medium heat.
- Continue boiling until the coconut milk starts to curd and the oil starts coming out of the coconut milk.
- Lower the heat to prevent burning and when the milk solids turns golden brown, remove from heat, let it cool and transfer to another container.
Recipe Source here