- 1 whole boneless tinapang bangus, flaked
- 3 large pcs potatoes, peeled, boiled and mashed
- 1 egg, beaten
- salt and pepper, to taste
- oil for frying
- 3 tbsp butter
- 3 eggs, cooked sunny side up
- spring onions for garnish
- tomato slices for garnish
- fried garlic for garnish
- 1 pc cucumber, thin strips
- 1 pc carrots, thin strips
- 1-2 pcs labuyo, minced
- 1 pc red onion, sliced thinly
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 2 tbsp white sugar
- Mix together the smoked fish and mashed potato. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in the beaten egg.
- Divide the mixture into portions. Form each portion into a patty set aside.
- Heat a frying pan. Melt butter. Fry one potato cake at a time, cook fish cakes over medium-high heat to brown both sides.
- To serve: Place tinapa cake on a plate. Top with a fried egg. Sprinkle with onion leaves and toasted garlic bits.
Serve with spicy veggies.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and chill for 4-5 hours.