Tinolang Manok with Itag Recipe
- 1 whole native/culled chicken cut into serving pieces
- 150g itag
- 1 whole medium size green papaya, quartered
- 2 thumb size ginger, sliced
- 2 pcs red onion, quartered
- 5 cloves minced Garlic
- 1 1/2 cups malunggay leaves
- 3 pcs finger chili
- 1 tsp. whole Pepper corn
- 2 tbsp. Canola oil
- Patis to taste
- 1 liter water
- In a pot, saute itag, ginger, garlic and onion in oil.
- Add in the chicken and season with peppercorn and patis. Cover and let the chicken extract its oil.
- Add water and let it boil until cooked.
- Add green papaya, finger chili and simmer, lastly add the malunggay leaves and turn off the heat. Serve.
Check Out Our Recommended Products for you!
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More