- 4 small apples
- 1 cup demerara sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 tsp. malt vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp.light corn (golden) syrup
- 1/3 cup water
- Wash and dry apples thoroughly.
- Push a wooden stick into each.
- Put sugar, butter, malt, vinegar,syrup and water in a saucepan.
- Heat gently in a sugar has dissolved and the butter has melted.
- Allow to boil until the muxture reaches the ‘soft crack’ stage (when a teaspoon of it is dropped into cold water , it divides into hard but not brittle threads.) Remove from heat.
- Dip each apple carefully into the toffe (cooked mixture),making sure it is coated all over.
- Let the excess toffe drip off, then put each apple on waxed paper or greased bakinng tin to cool and set.
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More