Tokwa’t Baboy with Tausi Recipe
Tokwa't Baboy with Tausi Recipe
- 1 kilo of pork belly cut into cubes
- 1 thumb size ginger chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic chopped
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 medium tomato chopped
- 300 g extra firm tofu cubed
- 1 can 180 g of tausi or black beans
- pepper to taste
- 5 stalks of kinchay/cilantro chopped
- cooking oil
- 1/2 cup of water
- Add cooking oil in preheated pan. Saute the onion, garlic, tomato, and ginger until they are fragrant. Place the pork in the pan, and saute it until it turns light brown. Reduce the heat to medium low, add in the water, and allow it to simmer until the pork is tender. This should take about 20 minutes.
- In a separate pan, add in some cooking oil and fry the tofu until it’s brown on all sides.
- When the pork is tender, add in the fried tofu, drained black beans. Season it with pepper according to taste and stir. Add in the Chinese parsley. Stir until it’s well combined.
- Serve and enjoy your Pork and Tofu in Black Beans.