Chicken Pastel Recipe
- 1 chicken (1 kilo)
- 1 pc. chorizo de bilbao, chopped
- 1 big onion, finely chopped
- ½ cup butter
- 1 carrot small cubes
- 2 potatoes, medium size cubes
- 1 small can sausage, cubes
- 8-10 pcs. olives (optional)
- ½ kilo chicken giblets & liver
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 tbsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. vetsin
- ½ tsp. ground pepper
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- Pastel Crust:
- 4 cups all-purpose-flour (sift 3 times)
- 1 cup shortening or margarine
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 1 cup water
- Brown garlic in butter. Add onion, chicken (cut into small serving pieces), giblets, liver, and chorizo. Stir for 2 minutes, add ½ of broth. Cover; simmer for 10 minutes. Add remaining ingredients. Stir in remaining chickne broth. Lastly, add milk and thicken sauce with dissolved flour.
- When chicken is almost done, transfer to baking dish. garnish top with hard-boiled egg (cut into half). Cover with pie crust. Bake at 350 F for 20minutes or until crust turns golden brown.
- Pastel Crust:
- Add salt and sugar to flour. Cut in shortening using two knives. Gradually add water. Mix with hand but do not knead. When well blended, roll out on floured board. Fit on top of prepared ‘pastel’. brush with beaten egg yolk or milk.
Check Out Our Recommended Products for you!
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More