Litson Manok or Lechon Manok Recipe
- 1 kilo dressed whole chicken
- 1 8 oz Sprite or 7up
- 3 tbsp of white or brown sugar
- 3-5 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 medium sized onion sliced
- 3 tbsp of lemon or calamansi juice
- 1 thumb size ginger sliced
- 1 or 2 stalks of lemon grass tanglad
- ground black pepper
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 stick of butter
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- Marinate the whole chicken in Sprite or 7up, soy sauce, calamansi juice, garlic, ginger, onions, pepper and sugar for an hour or more. To get the best result we suggest to marinate the chicken overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 325°C.
- Stuffed the Chicken cavity with the following lemon grass tied together, garlic, bay leaves and Peppers.
- Inject the marinade mix unto the inside of the chicken.
- Rub the chicken’s skin with butter, salt, pepper and garlic.
- Finally, roast the chicken for 1 hour and 20 minutes or until the chicken is golden brown.
- While roasting brush the chicken’s skin, with butter.
- Serve hot with Mang Tomas lechon sauce.