Chicken Cordon Bleu Recipe
- 4 pcs chicken breast, boneless and skinless
- 4 pcs ham
- 4 slices cheddar cheese, (and I sliced it into sticks)
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp ground peppercorn
- ½ cup bread crumbs – add ⅛ tsp paprika and ⅛ tsp salt
- ½ cup flour
- 1 large egg, beaten
- butter, cubed into 8 small pieces (optional)
- Pre-heat oven into 180°C
- Gently pound the chicken breast into ¼ thickness using a meat mallet.
- Season the chicken meat – sprinkle salt and ground pepper on both sides.
- Place 1 ham and 2 cheese sticks on top of each breast (but I prefer putting on another 2 cheese sticks! i love cheese!) Roll up each breast an secure with a toothpick.
- Dredge in flour. Then brush with beaten eggs. Then finally roll in bread crumbs mixture.
- Brush the baking pan with olive oil, then place the chicken rolls.
- Bake for about 20 minutes. Then layer each rolls with butter cubes. Let the butter melts on its top, the roll will absorb its flavor and will give a really nice smell.
- Bake for another 15 minutes.
- You may serve this your favorite sauce.
- This makes 4 servings. Enjoy!