- 2 cups rice flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups coconut milk or fresh milk
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 180g Cheddar cheese
- Materials Needed:
- Mixing bowl
- Muffin pan
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Wooden spoon or wire whisk
- Sift the rice flour, salt, baking powder and white sugar together.
- In a large bowl, add the coconut milk to the sifted ingredients and blend until the mixture is smooth.
- Slice the cheddar cheese into thin rectangles.
- Carefully pour the mixture into the muffin pans (greased with butter beforehand), making sure you leave ⅓ space at the top. This is to give the puto space to expand upon cooking, then place the sliced cheese on top of each puto mixture.
- Steam for about 20 to 30 minutes.
- To check if the Puto is already cooked, insert a toothpick into the centerof each puto, make that the toothpick must come out clean.
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More