Puto Bumbong Recipe
- 1 Kilogram malagkit glutinous rice, mixed with
- 125 grams ordinary rice
- 1 pc mature coconut shredded
- butter or margarine
- violet food coloring
- banana leaves
- Soak malagkit and ordinary rice mixture in salted water with violet food coloring for 1 hour.
- Let dry overnight by putting inside a flour sack.
- Put something heavy on top to squeeze out water.
- Mixture is ready for cooking the following morning.
- Heat steamer (lansungan) with enough water.
- Put a small amount of rice mixture inside bamboo tubes(bumbong).
- Attached bamboo tubes to lansungan or steamer.
- When steam comes out of bamboo tubes, remove and immediately push out puto bumbong.
- Top with coconut shred and sugar before serving.