Quick and Easy Bibingka Recipe
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 6 pieces banana leaves round shape; about 9 inches in diameter
- ½ cup butter
- 1 ½ cup coconut milk
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup sticky rice flour
- 2 cups rice flour
- 1 piece salted egg cut into wedges
- 1 cup sugar
- For Bibingka Toppings
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon cheese cheddar cheese or Edam cheese
- 1 tablespoon grated coconut
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- While preheating the oven, brush butter onto the banana leaves.
- Line the pans with banana leaves.
- Beat the eggs.
- Combine the eggs with butter and coconut milk and mix everything thoroughly.
- Put rice flour, sticky rice flour, baking powder, and sugar together in bowland again mix thoroughly.
- Combine egg and rice mixtures.
- Pour mixtures equally into the pans.
- Top the mixtures with salted eggs.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- When the rice cakes are already baked, brush butter onto them.
- Place the rice cakes in a broiler until they turn slightly brown at the top. This may take about two minutes.
- When done, add toppings to the rice cakes.
Recipe Source: Kerlyn Bautista
Image Source: http://www.thelovelyplanet.net/category/people/page/19/