- 1 pc. Ube(cook)
- 1 cup pure coconut milk
- 1 cup Kakang-gata
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 3 cup water
- 1½ cups sugar
- 200grams cornstarch
- Latik for toppings
- In a pan, mix the 1cup of water, sugar, kakang-gata and evaporated milk. Make sure the mixture is free of lumps. Cook in medium heat.
- Add the ube and food coloring. Stir until the ube dissolves.
- Use strainer to refine the ube.
- Turn to low when maja starts to boil.
- Add the pure coconut milk and stir.
- Add the cornstarch dissolved into 2 cups of water then stir continuously to prevent mixture from scorching.
- When the mixture starts to glisten, maja is fully cooked.
- Immediately transfer into a rectangular bowl to set. Top with toasted grated coconut.
- Serve and enjoy the maja ube.
Recipe Source here
Image Source here