- 1 – ½ cups grated cassava
- food coloring (optional)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 bundle of pandan leaves,boiled in 2 cups water until reduced to one cup, and cooled ( or canned pandan concentrate, or a few drops ofpandan essence in a cup of warm water)
- ½ tsp lye water ( lihiya)
- grated coconut for topping
- Mix the sugar and the pandan flavored water and mix until sugar is dissolved. mix in the cassava and then add the lye water drop by drop mixing well as you do so.
- Pour into a mold or bowl that fits your bamboo steamer. steam until the mixture becomes translucent.
- While still hot scoop out the cooked mixture (use ice cream scoop or a tablespoon the same size as the scoop) and roll into grated coconut.
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More