Pasta with clams Recipe
- ½ lb. whole wheat spiral pasta
- 1 medium sized onion, minced
- 1 tbsp. + ½ cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 10 oz can whole clams with juice
- 1 cup tomato paste
- 1 15-oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 inch red chili flakes
- ½ cup chopped fresh basil
- 6 medium cloves garlic, pressed
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil salt and black pepper to taste
- *optional ½ cup shredded parmesan
- Bring water to a boil and cook pasta according to package instructions.
- While water is coming to a boil and pasta is cooking, heat 1 tbsp broth over medium heat in a 10-12 inch minutes stirring frequently.
- Add tomato paste and diced tomatoes. Cook for another 10 minutes on high heat to reduce and intensify sauce. Add clams and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add pressed garlic, chopped basil, olive oil, salt. Pepper and chili flakes. Remove from heat immediately and toss with cooked, drained pasta.
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More