Filipino Style Spaghetti Recipe
- 1 kg. spaghetti noodles
- ½ kg. ground beef
- ½ kg. ground pork
- ¼ kg. hotdogs, diagonally sliced
- 1 kg. tomato sauce (or ¾ kg. tomato sauce and ¼ kg. banana catsup)
- 3 pieces laurel leaves (bay leaves)
- ¼ cup brown or white sugar (reduce to ⅛ cup if using banana catsup)
- 2 green bell peppers, diced
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 head garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons of cooking oil
- 1 cup of water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup grated cheese
- Cook spaghetti noodles according to package instructions.
- In a sauce pan or wok, sauté garlic and onions in cooking oil.
- Add ground beef, ground pork, laurel leaves, bell pepper and a cup of water. Bring to a boil and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add tomato sauce or combination of banana catsup and tomato sauce, salt and pepper to taste then let simmer for another 10 minutes
- Add brown sugar and hotdogs. Continue to simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
- Optional: add hot sauce e.g. Tabasco for more spice if desired.
- Serve with the cooked spaghetti noodles and grated cheese on top.
Check Out Our Recommended Products for you!
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More