Filipino Style Spaghetti Recipe
- 1 kg. spaghetti noodles
- 1/2 kg. ground beef
- 1/2 kg. ground pork
- 1/4 kg. hotdogs diagonally sliced
- 1 kg. tomato sauce or 3/4 kg. tomato sauce and 1/4 kg. banana catsup
- 3 pieces laurel leaves bay leaves
- 1/4 cup brown or white sugar reduce to 1/8 cup if using banana catsup
- 2 green bell peppers diced
- 2 onions chopped
- 1 head garlic minced
- 3 tablespoons of cooking oil
- 1 cup of water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup grated cheese
- Cook spaghetti noodles according to package instructions.
- In a sauce pan or wok, sauté garlic and onions in cooking oil.
- Add ground beef, ground pork, laurel leaves, bell pepper and a cup of water. Bring to a boil and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add tomato sauce or combination of banana catsup and tomato sauce, salt and pepper to taste then let simmer for another 10 minutes
- Add brown sugar and hotdogs. Continue to simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
- Optional: add hot sauce e.g. Tabasco for more spice if desired.
- Serve with the cooked spaghetti noodles and grated cheese on top.