- 1.2-1.5 kilo pork legs (pata front)
- 1 tbsp. sesame oil
- 2 pcs. star anise
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. hoisin sauce
- 2 tbsp. oyster sauce
- 6 cups water
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup rice wine
- 1 tsp. black peppercorn
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- ¼ cup slurry
- 5 pcs. baby bokchoy, blanched
- 10 shiitake mushrooms
- Place the pata in a casserole with 6 cups of water, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, brown sugar, pepper corns and bring to a boil.
- Add the star anise and sesame oil, simmer for an hour, or until pork is tender.
- Remove the pork and set aside, then add slurry to the pot. Let it simmer until sauce is glossy and thickened.
- Blanch the bokchoy in boiling water seasoned with salt.
- To serve, place the pork in the middle of a serving dish then serve with blanched bokchoy and lastly pour the sauce over the pork and vegetables.
- Garnish with spring onions and serve with rice or steamed buns.
Check Out Our Recommended Products for you!
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More