Bicol Express Recipe
- 400g pork belly, diced (small)
- 3 tbsp bagoong alamang (shrimp paste)
- 10-15 finger chillies, julienned
- 6 gloves garlic, minced
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 3 cups coconut milk
- patis to taste
- freshly ground black pepper
- labuyo for garnish
- Add the pork belly, stir fry for a couple of minutes
- Add the 2 cups of cococnut milk and dried shrimps then bring to a boil and simmer in medium heat for 20 minutes or until the coconut milk had reduced to a thick oily gravy.
- Add the chillies and add the second can of coconut milk and continue to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add patis and pepper to taste. And garnish with labuyo.