Top 10 Recipe Panghanda sa Pasko
- 500grams rice flour
- 250grams white sugar
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 ½ tsp instant dry yeast
- 1 tbsp. vanilla
- 3 cups water
- WATER ROUX
- ½ cup rice flour
- 2 cups of water
- First, prepare and measure all the ingredients you need.
- In a big bowl, mix the rice flour, sugar, baking powder, and yeast. Mix well.
- Pour the water and vanilla into the dry ingredients then mix until no lumps. Cover and set aside.
- Now make the water roux. Mix rice flour and water in a pan. Stir until there are no more lumps. 5. Then turn on the stove over medium heat. As soon as paste forms on the bottom, turn over low heat. 6. Stir constantly until a sticky paste is formed.
- Immediately add the roux to the rice flour batter you made earlier. Mix until there are no more lumps. You don't have to cool down the water roux. Don't worry, the yeast will be fine.
- Cover and let rest for 1.5 hours.
- Shortly before the 1.5 hour is over, prepare your steamer. Set the stove to medium heat.
- After 1.5 hours, stir the batter to remove bubbles. Don't overmix.
- Grease your molds with vegetable oil or a non-stick spray (do not use olive oil).
- Pour the batter into the molds. Arrange into a steamer. Leave some space for the rice dough to rise while steaming.
- For small molds, steam for about 10 minutes. For larger molds 18-20 minutes (the water must boil before steaming).
- Serve and enjoy the puto bigas