Tortang Talong (Eggplant Omelet) Recipe
- 2 to 4 talong eggplants, average size
- 2 to 3 eggs beaten
- salt and pepper to taste
- oil for frying
- Broil eggplants until tender (the skins are charred and blister appears).
- Once cool, peel off the skins of the eggplant and retain the crown and the stem. Gently flatten its meat by using the back of a fork. Set aside.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs and season with salt and pepper.
- In a skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Dip each eggplant, one at a time into the egg mixture. Gently bring the bowl near the skillet and tip, lowering the eggplant onto the heated oil.
- Fry until golden brown on one side, then turn and brown the other. Drain on paper towels. Keep warm and serve.