Top 20+ Recipes for Semana Santa
Cassava (Kamoteng Kahoy) Suman Recipe
- 2 lbs. grated cassava
- 1½ cups brown sugar
- ½ cup coconut cream (or coconut milk)
- Banana leaves for wrapping, cut into 12 x 6 inch pieces
- Combine the cassava and brown sugar in a large mixing bowl. Gently fold until the ingredients are well distributed.
- Add the coconut cream. Stir until all the ingredients are well incorporated.
- Scoop about ½ cup of mixture and arrange on one side of the banana leaf. Mold the mixture so that it appears to be cylindrical in shape, with the length of about 4 to 5 inches.
- Roll the banana leaf to wrap the mixture. Make sure that the leaf is not loose so that the mixture can use it as a mold. Secure the top and bottom part of the leaf by folding it inward in the same direction.
- Boil about 5 to 6 cups of water in a steamer.
- Arrange the wrapped cassava suman on the steamer and then steam for 30 to 35 minutes or until the texture becomes firm.
- Remove from the steamer and let the temperature cool down.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More