Top 20+ Recipes for Semana Santa
Ginataang Bilo-Bilo Recipe
- 1 cup glutinous rice flour
- 1/2 cup dried tapioca pearls
- 2-1/2 cups coconut milk
- 10 cups water
- 2-1/2 cups sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 ripe saba (plantain) bananas, sliced into rounds
- 5 fresh or canned jackfruit, cut into strips
- Prepare Bilo-bilo (Rice Balls): Combine rice flour with 4 tbsp. water in a bowl; mix well. Form into small balls, about 1/2 in. diameter. In a pot, pour 8 cups of water and bring to a boil. Drop each balls in the boiling water; cook for 5 minutes or until they float. Remove rice balls; set aside.
- Boil tapioca pearls in the same pot over medium heat until soft and translucent. Drain and set aside.
- In a saucepan, combine 2 cups of coconut milk and 2 cups of water; bring to a boil. Add sweet potatoes; cook over medium heat for 15 minutes. Add cooked tapioca, sugar and cooked rice balls; cook for 10 minutes.
- Add jackfruit strips and banana rounds; cook for 5 minutes until everything is tender. Add the remaining 1/2 cup of coconut milk; bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer for another 3 minutes.
- Ladle onto individual bowls; serve warm or chilled this Ginataang Bilo-Bilo.
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More