Top 20+ Recipes for Semana Santa
Shrimp Mac And Cheese Recipe
- 1 lb elbow macaroni
- 8 tablespoons butter (divided)
- 1 (12 ounce) package uncooked shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails removed
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning (divided)
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 cups milk
- ¼ pound grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 cups shredded Monterey jack cheese
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- ¼ cup plain breadcrumbs
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Cook the elbow macaroni according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Cut each shrimp into about 3 equal pieces. Melt 3 tablespoons of butter in a large skillet or medium-sized saucepan. Add the shrimp and sprinkle with ½ teaspoon of the Cajun seasoning. Cook until the shrimp starts to turn pink (they will finish cooking in the oven), about 3-4 minutes. Remove the shrimp from the pan and set aside.
- In the same skillet, melt 2 tablespoons of butter, add the dried onion and cook over medium heat for about 1 minute. Whisk in the flour and cook for about 2 minutes more while whisking. Stir in the milk, a little at a time, while whisking. Continue cooking until the mixture is hot but not boiling, stirring frequently. Mix in the cheddar and Monterey jack cheese, mixing until smooth and the cheese has melted. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Fold in the shrimp and macaroni.
- Pour the mixture into a lightly greased 9x13inch baking dish. In a small bowl mix together 3 tablespoons of melted butter, the parmesan cheese, breadcrumbs, parsley and remaining ½ teaspoon of Cajun seasoning. Sprinkle the mixture over the top of the macaroni and cheese.
- Place into the oven and bake for 45 minutes until hot and bubbly and the top is golden brown.
Buy Cucumber Lemonade Now.
Check Out Our Recommended Products for you!
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More