Top 20+ Recipes for Semana Santa
Paksiw Na Isda Recipe
- 2 pieces fish (about half a pound each), cleaned and scales removed
- 1 knob ginger, sliced and pounded
- 6 cloves garlic, skin removed
- ½ cup vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 small bitter gourd, chopped (optional)
- 3 pieces finger chili
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon whole peppercorn
- Heat a pan and cooking pot then pour-in vinegar and water.
- Add salt and whole peppercorn then stir. Bring to a boil.
- Arrange the fish in the pan along with the ginger, garlic, onion, bitter gourd, and finger chili. Cover and simmer in low to medium heat for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and transfer to a serving plate.
- Serve hot with steamed rice. Share and enjoy!
- Note: You may substitute salt with ¾ to 1 tablespoon fish sauce.
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More