Palitaw Sa Latik Recipe
- 2 cups glutinous rice flour
- 1 cup water
- Combine the rice flour and water in a bowl until a smooth dough is formed.
- Form small balls then flatten the balls into quarter inch thick.
- Stretch the dough to make an oval shape.
- 1 can coconut milk or cream
- To make latik, start by pouring coconut cream into a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil with continuous stirring until almost dry.
- Turn heat to low and continue stirring until the curds separate from the coconut oil.
- Continue stirring until the curds are browned but not burnt.
- Drain and set aside.
For The Sauce
- 1 can coconut cream
- 2 cups coconut milk (Pangalawang piga)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- Water (To adjust thickness)
- Pinch of salt
- Brown Sugar
- Coconut Cream
- Coconut Oil
- Mix coconut milk and brown sugar.
- Simmer and let the sugar melt.
- Add a pinch of salt.
- Drop in formed palitaw and let it cook.
- Once the palitaw float, it is cook.
- Add the coconut cream and let it simmer until the sauce is slightly thick
- in consistency.
- Add cooked latik and remove from heat. Serve.