- 1 milk fish (bangus); fried or grilled
- 1 cup string beans; cut into 2″ long
- 6 pieces okra
- 1 cup squash; cut in cubes
- 1 big ampalaya; cut in 2” rectangular lengths
- 1 onion; sliced
- 2 large tomatoes; sliced
- 1 cup jute leaves (saluyot)
- 1 root ginger; crushed
- Bagoong isda
- 3 cups water
- In a casserole, bring water to boil. Add onion, ginger, and tomatoes. Let stand for 3 minutes. Season with bagoong and continue boiling for 5 minutes. Remove the scum that rises on top of the liquid and then drop the milkfish. Simmer for 5 minutes, then add vegetables. Cook until vegetables are done. Adjust seasoning according to taste.
- Serve hot!
- You can use other kind of fish like tilapia or shellfish.
- You can also use or add other vegetables like sweet potato andmalunggay fruits.