Skip to content Go to Header Section
- 2 cups thick coconut milk
- 3 cups thin coconut milk
- 11/4 cups cornstarch
- 11/4 cups white sugar
- latik or budbod for topping
- Dissolve cornstarch in 2 cups thick coconut milk, Set aside.
- Add sugar to the thin coconut milk
- Pour in a heavy pan and Cook over medium heat.
- When it boils, add cornstarch and coconut milk mixture.
- Stir continuously until well blended and thick.
- Pour into a greased pan (or bilao lined with wax paper). Allow to cool until firm.
- Brush top with coconut oil and sprinkle latik.
- Serve with budbod or toasted coconut.
- To make Latik; Boil thick cream Lower heat and simmer until creamcurdles and oil comes out. Stir once or twice only to produce more Latik and oil. Cook until Latik turns browns’Drain.
- To make budbod; Add ½ cup brown sugar to every clip of granted coconut from which milk was extracted(sapal). Toast over low heat until brown.