Skip to content
Go to Header Section
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. schezhuan peppercorn
- 1 egg white
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 500 g. prawns, peeled and deveined
- 1 spring onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp. garlic-ginger puree
- 1 tbsp. chili bean sauce
- 2 tbsp. ketchup
- 3 tbsp. chicken broth
- 1 ½ tbsp. Chinese rice wine or dry sherry
- ½ tsp. sugar
- 2½ cups oil
- In a bowl, stir together the egg white, salt, and cornstarch. Add theprawns, stirring until they are coated evenly with the mixture. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the chili bean sauce and ketchup. In a separate small bowl, stir together the chicken broth, rice wine and the sugar.
- Deep fry the prawns, until they change color. Drain on paper towels or in a colander and set aside.
- In a wok, heat 1 tbsp. oil over medium-high heat. Add the garlic-ginger puree, and spring onions. Stir for about 15 seconds, until aromatic, then add the chili bean sauce and ketchup.
- Stir briefly, then add the chicken broth and sugar mixture into the pan.
- Boil for a few seconds, then add the prawns back into the pan. Toss quickly and serve Szhechuan prawns over rice.