Top Filipino Recipes of Panlasang Pinoy Recipes
- 8 leaves of Pandan – (must be cleaned well)
- 5 Buko (Coconut)not too hard, not too soft- Grated to strips
- Water approx. 10 cups
- 3 small cans of Nestle Cream
- 1 medium can of Condensed Milk
- 2 bars of Green Gulaman
- 1 3/4 Cups Sugar (more if you want it sweeter)
- 1 cup Kaong (optional)
- Buko Pandan Salad Preparation Instructions:
- Boil water together with 8 pandan leaves that are individually twisted to break the fibers and expose the juice. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Before adding 2 bars of gulaman, make sure you remove the pandanleaves and check if the remaining water is equal to 8 cups – 1 bar of gulaman is good for 4 cups of liquid. If it is not 8 cups, less will mean hard gulaman and more than 8 cups will result in mushy soft gulaman.
- Ensuring gulaman is well-dissolved stir well.
- Add sugar while mixing. Do this for 5 minutes.
- Pour through a strainer into cooling trays. Wait till it cools and hardens, then put in fridge.
- Meanwhile, mix the grated buko with the 3 cans of cream and 1 can ofcondensed milk.
- Add kaong if you prefer.
- Get gulaman from ref and cut into 1 cm cubes.
- Mix with buko mixture.
- Served with Vanilla Ice Cream on top for a more delectable treat.