Skip to content Go to Header Section
- 400g pork belly
- 1 liter water
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp whole black peppercorns
- 2 whole red onions, wedges
- 5 cloves garlic, pounded
- 80 g. of pork fat, cut into half inch cubes
- 12 to 15 finger chilies, sliced
- 2-3 pcs labuyo, sliced (optional)
- 1 large red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 thumb-sized piece of ginger, finely chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup bagoong alamang
- 3 to 4 tbsps. of cooking oil
- 1 1/2 – 2 cups coconut cream
- ground black pepper to taste
- For the bagnet, boil pork until tender in water, salt, peppercorns, onions and garlic.
- When done, punture the skin with a fork and patdry before frying. Set aside.
In another pan, heat the oil and add the pork fat and cook over high heat.
- Add the ginger, garlic, chilies and onions. Cook, stirring, until fragrant,about a minute.
- Add in bagoong and stir for a minute. Pour in the coconut cream and simmer.
- Place the crispy bagnet on top of the bicol express sauce.