The “litsong manok” is just the unique Filipino style of the famous Roasted Chicken. Litsong Manok always comes out on special occasions like fiesta,family gatherings, etc. Filipinos, known not only for the passion of cooking but also on creating wonderful business enterprise, made this dish, a star for starting new food line businesses. As a matter of fact, there are three unique tasting litsong manok food enterprises in the Philippines, and these are Sr.Pedro, Andok’s and baliwag Litsong manok. This Litsong Manok is also another chicken dish that is very easy to cook. The only thing that you must take note of is the preparation time of the chicken. You must really take big deal on the sauce where you will marinate your chicken, because the flavor of the marinating sauce will serve as the foundation of your dish. Basically, the marinating sauce is just a mixture of the following ingredients:
Sprite or 7up, soy sauce, calamansi juice, garlic, ginger, onions, pepper and sugar. Marinating the chicken overnight will give you the best result. On your own, you have to carefully measure the following ingredients to avoid that awful taste. While roasting the chicken, don’t forget to brush its skin with butter, so it’ll look more delicious. After an hour or so of roasting, or until the skin of the chicken gets golden brown, you can now take the chicken off the heat and it is ready to be served! Enjoy!
- 1 kilo dressed whole chicken
- 1 8 oz Sprite or 7up
- 3 tbsp of white or brown sugar
- 3-5 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 medium sized onion, sliced
- 3 tbsp of lemon or calamansi juice
- 1 thumb size ginger, sliced
- 1 or 2 stalks of lemon grass (tanglad)
- ground black pepper
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 stick of butter
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- Marinate the whole chicken in Sprite or 7up, soy sauce, calamansi juice, garlic, ginger, onions, pepper and sugar for an hour or more. To get the best result we suggest to marinate the chicken overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 325°C.
- Stuffed the Chicken cavity with the following lemon grass tied together, garlic, bay leaves and Peppers.
- Inject the marinade mix unto the inside of the chicken.
- Rub the chicken’s skin with butter, salt, pepper and garlic.
- Finally, roast the chicken for 1 hour and 20 minutes or until the chicken is golden brown.
- While roasting brush the chicken’s skin, with butter.
- Serve hot with Mang Tomas lechon sauce.