- 500g tuna tail part
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 thumb sized ginger, pounded
- 4 cloves garlic, pounded
- 1 red onion, wedged
- 3 pcs finger chili
- 4pcs fresh sampaloc or 2 tbsp tamarind paste
- 1 tsp patis
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup cornstarch
- Oil for deep frying
- 1/3 cup slurry
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 pcs calamansi
- 1-2 labuyo, sliced
- Cilantro for garnish
- In a pot, boil water with onion, garlic, ginger, tamarind paste, finger chili, patis and black pepper.
- Add the tuna and simmer until cooked and tender.
- Remove tuna and dredge in cornstarch. Season with salt and pepper and deepfry. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, continue to simmer the tuna broth until reduced, add labuyo, soy sauce and slurry to thicken then add calamansi. Serve sauce with tuna.
- Garnish with cilantro.
Check Out Our Recommended Products for you!
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More