- 26 ½ cans of light tuna, drained
- ¼ cup finely diced celery
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- ¼ cup finely minced onion
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 medium head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 small tomato, chopped, seeds and excess pulp removed
- 3 medium cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 tbsp prepared Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp honey
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp cracked black pepper
- 4 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- 4 oz silken tofu
- ½ tsp dried Italian herbs
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- A little water to thin if necessary
- Minced onions and press garlic and let sit for 5 -10 minutes to bring out their health – promoting benefits.
- Blend dressing ingredients in blender adding oil a little at a time at end ( to incorporate ). Blend well to make sure sunflower seeds are ground.
- Mix tuna, celery, walnuts, parsley, onion, salt, peppers.
- Mix desired amount of dressing with tuna mixture.
- Serve bed of chopped romaine lettuce with chopped tomato.