- 2 cups glutinous rice, soaked overnight
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup young coconut, shredded into strips
- banana leaves, passed through lames to wilt
- grind the rice until fine
- transfer the ground rice to a cheese cloth. tie the end of the cheese cloth. press to remove excess water.
- place the ground rice on a tray to dry a little.
- add the sugar and young coconut. mix well and water to form a soft mixture.
- place 3 tablespoons of the mixture, form into a cylinder and place in banana leaves. flatten a little before broiling over hot charcoal.
- the tupig is done when the filling is brownish and chewy in consistency.
Check Out Our Recommended Products for you!
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More