Twice-Fried Chicken Recipe By Chef Boy Logro
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 6 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup Hoisin sauce
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh ginger
- 1 ½ tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. honey
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 500g chicken drumstick
- 1 tbsp. sesame seeds, toasted
- Using blender, puree chicken broth, garlic, hoisin sauce, ginger, soy sauce, honey and pepper. Transfer to small saucepan and bring to boil. Lower heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until thickened. Cover and keep warm over low heat.
- In large pot, add 2-inch deep oil; heat over medium-high heat. Working in 2 batches, fry wings, turning occasionally, until golden brown. Transfer to paper towel to drain out excess oil.
- Heat oil again. Working in 2 batches, fry chicken drumstick again until browned. Drain on paper towel.
- Immediately transfer to large bowl, add half of ginger-garlic sauce and toss. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Use the remaining sauce for dipping.
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More