- 28 ounces grated cassava (around 2½ cups)
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 teaspoon lye water (food grade)
- 1 to 2 teaspoons ube flavoring
- ¾ cup grated coconut
- Combine all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl, except for the coconut. Stir thoroughly until the mixture gets well blended.
- Pour the cassava mixture in a small mold such as a silicone cup. Arrange the molds in a steamer.
- Steam for 60 minutes.
- Remove from the steamer. Let it cool down completely until the texture gets close to sticky tikoy.
- Roll each piece of pich pichi over shredded /grated coconut.
- Arrange in a serving plate. Serve.
- Share and enjoy!
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More