Ube Pichi Pichi Recipe
- 28 ounces grated cassava around 2½ cups
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 teaspoon lye water food grade
- 1 to 2 teaspoons ube flavoring
- ¾ cup grated coconut
- Combine all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl, except for the coconut. Stir thoroughly until the mixture gets well blended.
- Pour the cassava mixture in a small mold such as a silicone cup. Arrange the molds in a steamer.
- Steam for 60 minutes.
- Remove from the steamer. Let it cool down completely until the texture gets close to sticky tikoy.
- Roll each piece of pich pichi over shredded /grated coconut.
- Arrange in a serving plate. Serve.
- Share and enjoy!