- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 large stalk celery, diced
- 1 medium carrot, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ¾ tsp crushed dried rosemary
- ¾ tsp tsp dried thyme
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper (less to taste)
- ¼ tsp ground pepper
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 ½ lb. Little Potato Company Creamer potatoes (I used Blushing Belle), cut into ½-inch pieces
- 7 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 (14 oz.) can Great Northern beans, drained & rinsed
- 4 cups chopped kale
- ½ tsp salt (or to taste)
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan or Dutch oven set over medium heat. Add the onion, celery and carrot, and cook until the vegetables begin to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic, rosemary, thyme, red pepper flakes and pepper, and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in the tomato paste and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the potatoes and vegetable broth, and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Decrease heat slightly and cook at a lively simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the beans and cook until the potatoes are tender, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Stir in the kale and cook until just wilted, about 1 minute. Season with salt. Serve.
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More