- 1 medium onion, cut in half and sliced medium thick
- 1 tbsp vegetable broth
- 4 medium cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 1 red bell pepper , cut into ½ inch pieces
- 1 cup sliced fresh shitake mushrooms ( remove stems )
- 2 cups sliced green cabbage
- 5 oz extra firm tofu cut into ½ inch cubes
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- Salt and white pepper to taste
- Slice onions and press garlic and let sit 5 minutes.
- Prepare rest of vegetables.
- Heat 2 tbsp broth in a stainless steel wok or 12 inch skillet. Stir – fry onion for about 2 minutes in broth over medium- high heat, stirring constantly.
- Add red pepper, mushrooms, and cabbage. Continue to stir – fry for another 2 minutes. Add garlic, ginger and continue to cook stirring for another 2 – 3 minutes.
- Add rest of ingredients and cook for another 2 minutes. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Please download the recipe here