- 1 kilo vermicelli noodles, soaked and softened in hot water
- 400 grams dried wood ear mushrooms, re-hydrated in water
- 1 medium shallot, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 pcs grated carrots
- 250 grams ground pork
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 250 grams shrimp in shell, peeled and defined
- 25 pieces 8-inch square frozen spring roll pastry wrappers, thawed
- 1 large egg yolk, lightly beaten
- 4 cups vegetable oil for deep-frying
- Cilantro leaves
For the filling:
- Saute garlic and shallots along with carrots, pork, fish sauce.
- Add sugar, pepper, and salt.
- Put the shrimp, mushroom, cilantro and noodles.
- Let it cool before wrapping.
- Place one wrapper on a work surface.
- Cut the wrapper diagonally in half to form two triangles.
- Put two tablespoons of the filling in the middle of the wrapper.
- Dab the top corner with yolk, roll up wrapper into a long thin roll, tucked ends inside.
- Fry the rolls in batches until golden brown and cooked through.
- Serve with dipping sauce.
- 5 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 1/4 cup plus one tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 chilis, thinly sliced
- Mix the sugar and water together until sugar is dissolved.
- Stir in remaining sauce ingredients.
- Serve with the spring rolls.