- 100 gms. spinach or choice of lettuce green, cut into serving pieces
- 1/2 cup honeycured bacon, chopped
- 1/2 cup prepared herbed croutons
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp. red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. prepared mustard
- 1 tbsp. basil, chopped
- 1 tsp. parsley, chopped
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- Pan-fry bacon until crisp. Drain and set aside.
- Combine dressing ingredients in a saucepan. Let boil and turn off the heat. Add salad greens and toss to coat evenly with dressing.
- Transfer to plates and garnish with bacon and crouttons. Makes 2 servings.