- 1/2 chicken,4-5 pounds
- 2 big chunks of ginger (1-inch thick), peeled and smashed
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- 1 tbsp salt, plus more to season the chicken
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- Fill a large pot with water full enough to cover at least ¾ of the chicken. Bring the water to a boil with the smashed ginger, garlic, and 2 tablespoons of salt.
- Place the chicken in breast side up, cover, and bring to a boil. Switch to low heat and let cook for 45 minutes.
- Flip the chicken, cover it and cook on low heat for another 45 minutes. To test if the chicken is done, insert a chopstick near the thigh. If it goes in and there is no pinkness, it’s done.
- To lift the bird out of the pot, slip 2 chopsticks beneath the wings and lift. Pat the bird dry and rub with the sesame oil.
- Allow it to cool for 30 minutes before cutting. Serve with dipping sauce.
Check Out Our Recommended Products for you!
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More