- 1 can 300 ml condensed milk
- 8 egg yolks
- Zest of 2-3 limes, grated
- In a mixing bowl, beat the egg yolks, put lime zest. Add condensed milk and mix.
- Pour into a heavy pot and stir constantly.
- Stir until thick and dry.
- Transfer to a plate and let it cool.
- Form the cooled mixture into balls.
- Dip the formed balls into the caramel and let it cool before serving.
For the caramel
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tbsps butter
- When smoke comes out, it’s time to stir until the sugar melts.
- Stir continuously and adjust the heat to low to prevent burning.
- When the sugar dissolves completely, and reach a golden caramel color,
- add the butter and stir until shiny in appearance.