Yema Frosted Cake Recipe
- 1 pc Chiffon Cake store bought, 8” or 9”
- 1 can 300 ml Condensed Milk (sweetened)
- 1½ cups Butter or margarine
- 3 tbsp All-Purpose Cream
- 1 tsp Lemon Extract or orange extract
- 2 cups Confectioner’s Sugar
- 1 can 432g Del Monte Fiesta Fruit Cocktail (drained and chopped)
- To make the Yema Frosting: Place unopened can of condensed milk in a heavy saucepan. Fill the pan with enough water to cover the can.
- Bring the water to a boil and simmer for about 3 hours, adding more if needed.
- Remove can from the pan. Allow to cool before opening.
- Beat the butter for about 3 minutes. Add in the cream, extract, confectioner’s sugar, and the prepared yema frosting. Beat until smooth.
- Fold in half of the DEL MONTE Fiesta Fruit Cocktail. Frost the cake. Top with remaining fruits.
- Makes 12 servings